SuperMUC: Block operation of Phase 1 for Extreme Scaling Workshop Feb 29 – Mar 4, 2016

Bader, Reinhold Reinhold.Bader at lrz.de
Mo Feb 15 17:07:54 CET 2016

Dear users of SuperMUC,
Due to the 4th Extreme Scaling Workshop scheduled for February 29 – March 4, 2016, Phase 1 of the system (both the Sandy Bridge thin nodes and the Westmere fat nodes) will be available only for the participants of the workshop. We expect to return the system to regular user operation in the afternoon of March 4.
Operation of phase 2 will continue. However, the I/O performance of the SCRATCH file system may temporarily be affected, because some of the workshop's tests involve heavy-duty I/O to that file system.

This information will soon also be available in the news section http://www.lrz.de/aktuell/  of the LRZ web server.

Regards
--
Dr. Reinhold Bader