[LMU-OSC News] Journal Club "ReproducibiliTea" - tomorrow

LMU Open Science Center News lmu-osc at lists.lrz.de
Tue Dec 17 14:26:09 CET 2019

### Journal Club: "ReproducibiliTea: Discussion of central issues and
papers concerning Open Science and related topics"

We launch an interdisciplinary journal club, in which main questions and
current topics concerning Open Science will be discussed. We follow the
"ReproducibiliTea" model many locations have adopted. There will be tea,
juice and small snacks to live up to the slogan. Everybody is also
welcomed to bring their own food and drinks. If you are interested, you
are cordially invited to join the first meeting **tomorrow**:

**When**: December 18th 2019, 12:30pm-2:00pm
**Where**: Room 1407 (house 1, 4th floor), Leopoldstrasse 13, 80802
München
**More information**: stephan.nuding at yahoo.de

As a first paper we chose a classical paper:

Ioannidis, J. P. A. (2005). Why Most Published Research Findings Are
False. PLoS Medicine, 2(8), 6.
https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.0020124

It would be helpful to read the paper by the first session (but we'll
provide a short summary to bring everyone on the same page). The we will
have a discussion about the paper and related topics, in which you will
also be able to bring in your own comments, questions or criticism.

If you are unable to attend the first meeting of the Journal Club, you
can simply send an e-mail to stephan.nuding at yahoo.de to join the mailing
list for the following sessions.

Organizational team:

Felix Schönbrodt, LMU Open Science Center (OSC)
Laura Goetz, students council of Psychology
Stephan Nuding, students council of Psychology
Leonhard Schramm, students council of Psychology

---
![](cid:36643C0F-1A4F-4318-A13F-B481BE4C6479 at psy.lmu.de
"PastedImage.png")

http://www.osc.lmu.de/