[LMU-OSC News] ReproducibiliTea Journal Club: 29.1., 12:30

LMU Open Science Center News lmu-osc at lists.lrz.de
Mon Jan 20 08:43:02 CET 2020

Hello all,

we would like to invite you to the second meeting of the Journal Club
"ReproJuicebiliTea". We will take a closer look at possible solutions to
improve the reproducibility and robustness of research.

**When?** Wednesday, 29.01. 12.30-14 s.t.
**Where?** Leopoldstraße 13, room 1407 (Building 1, 4th floor)

**Paper**: Munafò, M. R., Nosek, B. A., Bishop, D. V. M., Button, K.
S., Chambers, C. D., Percie du Sert, N., Simonsohn, U., Wagenmakers,
E.-J., Ware, J. J., & Ioannidis, J. P. A. (2017). A manifesto for
reproducible science. Nature Human Behaviour, 1(1).
https://doi.org/10.1038/s41562-016-0021

**Procedure**: Again, we will start with a short summary of the paper
and then continue with the discussion in which you can contribute your
own thoughts and questions. For your orientation you can use the
following key questions. If you know that you are coming please let us
know by sending a short email to stephan.nuding at yahoo.de. We look
forward to see you there!

**Key questions**:
1. How can the system be changed in the long term, so that reproducible
research is promoted independently of the research results?
2. How can we promote continuous education among scientists of all ages?
3. What changes are central to the training of young scientists in order
to promote sustainably robust and reproducible research?
4. What other problems could arise during and through the implementation
of the measures described in the article?

Your organisation team
Laura Goetz, Stephan Nuding, Leonhard Schramm & Felix Schönbrodt

---
![](cid:4569A807-4467-4DCC-81B9-B04C1C8319B7 at psy.lmu.de
"PastedImage.png")

http://www.osc.lmu.de/