[LMU-OSC News] Sign up for GRN virtual brainstorming event, March 2-3rd 2022

LMU Open Science Center News lmu-osc at lists.lrz.de
Tue Feb 8 11:02:53 CET 2022

Dear LMU OSC email list,

please excuse any double-posting of this message. We are pleased to invite you to our upcoming virtual brainstorming event “Making reproducibility and open science education and training the norm” on March 2-3rd, 2022.

This virtual brainstorming event will bring together individuals in Germany passionate about reproducibility and open science, including members of the German Reproducibility Network, to learn from their shared experiences on the topic of education and training. We would like to discuss experiences with local training initiatives and what is needed to scale them up to make this training the norm. This might include setting up a network to share materials and experiences and/ or developing strategies to lobby for policy changes. The discussion may lead to a paper discussing challenges and opportunities for reproducibility and open science education and training in Germany with all active participants included as authors.

What resources and strategies are already being used to train researchers in reproducibility and open science in Germany?
What opportunities and creative solutions exist to expand and improve reproducibility education in Germany?
How can we make reproducibility education/training the norm in Germany? What top-down and bottom-up approaches can we use? What are the barriers we face and how can we overcome them to making reproducibility education and training the norm?

Please sign up using this link <https://www.bihealth.org/en/translation/innovation-enabler/quest-center/events/making-reproducibility-and-open-science-education-and-training-the-norm-a-virtual-brainstorming-event> by Feb 28th

We very much encourage you to share this email with your networks!

More info on the event format:

A Virtual Brainstorming Events (described here <https://wellcomeopenresearch.org/articles/6-156> and here <https://osf.io/c5gyz/>) is an asynchronous unconference-style group event where participants use an online chat platform (e.g. Slack, Microsoft Teams) to engage in discussions and share their experiences with others over 2 days. Participants do not need to be online the whole time - we encourage them to check in a few times each day to catch up with the discussion and share their thoughts. The discussions in this event will be used to share lessons learn and brainstorm ways to overcome current challenges. And may lead to a paper with all active participants listed as authors.

These discussions during the event will be complemented by a virtual “open space” for more informal coffee breaks or smaller group discussions on any topic that participants would like to explore.

Please let the organizers know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best wishes, and we hope to see you in a few weeks!

Organizers:

Constance Holman (SPOKES)
Susann Auer (Reproducibility for Everyone)
Alexandra Bannach-Brown (CAMARADES Berlin)
Susann Fiedler (Network of Open Science Initiatives)
Tamarinde Haven (Responsible Metrics)
Verena Heise (Freelance Open Science Researcher)
Tracey Weissgerber (ScreenIT)

Best wishes, and please do let us know if you have any questions,

The event organizers