[LMU-OSC News] Introduction to Research Data Management for Medical and Biomedical Sciences

LMU Open Science Center News lmu-osc at lists.lrz.de
Tue Nov 14 08:52:51 CET 2023

Dear all,

Do you know what data management actually means and how your research can benefit from it?

To give you an overview on the topic, the ZB Med [1] and the LMU University Library [2] invite you to an online introduction to research data management on December 6th, 2-4 p.m. During the event, we will explain important concepts such as the FAIR principles, metadata standards, and persistent identifiers, introduce initiatives like the NFDI, and provide an overview of the various services at LMU (e.g., RDMO and Open Data LMU) with a special focus on the needs in Medical and Biomedical Sciences.

Topics: FAIR, pre-registration, reproducible data analysis, data management plans, repositories, metadata, persistent identifiers, licenses

After the lecture, you will have the possibility to define key topics that you like to explore in more detail. These key topics will be discussed more closely in one or more follow-up workshop/s at a later point.

For participation please register here to receive the access link: https://lmu-munich.zoom-x.de/meeting/register/u5cofumprjsiEtADxm_fHee-y0B8QSahns1l

If you have any questions in advance, please contact us: rdm at ub.uni-muenchen.de<mailto:rdm at ub.uni-muenchen.de>

We hope to see many of you on December 6th.

Best wishes,

Laura Meier for RDM Information @ University Library LMU

[1]: https://www.zbmed.de/

[2]: https://www.ub.uni-muenchen.de/index.html