[LMU-OSC News] hacky hour on **22.04.** Reproducible computational environment

LMU Open Science Center News lmu-osc at lists.lrz.de
Wed Apr 10 08:30:41 CEST 2024

Dear computational reproducibility enthusiasts,

Are you using programming languages such as R or Python? Are you, or your collaborators, sometimes struggling to get the same results on a different computer? Are you still searching for an optimal way to keep track of your computational environments and packages versions?

Our next hacky hour's theme is "Reproducible computational environment" and it will exceptionally not take place on the last Monday of the month but on Monday April 22!

When: Monday, April 22, 2024, 16:30-18:00
Where: in person at Wikipedia Munich, Angertorstraße 3

In this session, we will discuss the benefits of reproducible computational environments and share tips on how to use the most common environment management tools.

Possible beginner resources to prepare your session's hack:

  *   https://osf.io/xp9zn/ (8 mins demo to various tools, e.g. renv, conda, docker, binder)
  *   Using binder with quarto: https://quarto.org/docs/projects/binder.html

Sessions' agenda:

  *   Brief round of introductions and description of the problems you'll be working on during that session
  *   Formation of possible groups or tandems, if participants have tips to exchange on certain topics
  *   Hack
  *   Wrap-up: progress and next steps

Learn more about the Hacky Hour initiative here: https://www.osc.uni-muenchen.de/members/hackyhour/index.html

Best wishes