[LMU-OSC News] Research Assessment with responsible metrics and indicators, 13.03., Prof. Dr. Felix Schoenbrodt

LMU Open Science Center News lmu-osc at lists.lrz.de
Thu Mar 7 08:50:46 CET 2024

Dear open science enthusiasts

Prof. Dr. Felix Schönbrodt, the LMU Open Science Center managing director, will present updates on the Coalition for the Advancement of Research Assessment (CoARA) working group he his leading to the Mannheim Open Science Meetup which will take place online. You are all welcome to join!

Key Facts:

  *   What? Research Assessment with responsible metrics and indicators: A CoARA working group
  *   When? March 13th, 15:00 – 16:00
  *   Where? Online via Zoom, sign up here<https://uni-mannheim.zoom-x.de/meeting/register/u5cpcuCorDItH9cAUBwA5g8Xb3Xsz8BRD4GO>
  *   Abstract: "We do not always use indicators – but when we do, they need to be valid, reproducible, efficient and non-proprietary." With this motto, a working group of the "Coalition for the Advancement of Research Assessment" (CoARA) aims to gather responsible and efficient quality indicators to facilitate initial quality screening and assessment of research outputs in situations where in-depth qualitative assessment via peer-review is not feasible. The challenge is to preserve the advantages of indicators – objectivity and efficiency – while improving their validity. I will report on the approach and the current state of the working group, and will showcase an existing proposal for responsible indicators that has been developed in the German Psychological Society.

Best wishes
Malika

--
Dr. Malika Ihle (she/her) (pronounciation<https://namedrop.io/malikaihle>)