[LMU-OSC News] European survey on teaching research methodology

LMU Open Science Center News lmu-osc at lists.lrz.de
Mon Mar 25 10:46:45 CET 2024

Dear teachers of research methods

If you teach in higher education within Europe, you are invited to complete the survey from our colleagues below which asks you about your attitudes and teaching formats relating to teaching research: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BLVDQ3P

As part of a European special interest group on education of research methods, we have developed a survey which aims to explore the characteristics of teaching research  methodology in higher education across Europe. With this survey, we hope to create an overview of attitudes and teaching formats across disciplines and countries related to teaching research methodology in higher education, to get a better understanding of current practices and needs. That will allow for sharing best practices and the design of educational interventions. With the survey we aim to target both teachers of research methodology and teachers of other subjects active in higher education (for more information, please visit  https://osf.io/72xky/).We have ethical approval for our study granted by the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Split.

The survey takes between 5-15 minutes to fill out, depending on whether you are a teacher of methodology or a teacher of other subjects.
Please follow this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BLVDQ3P to read more about the survey and to participate.

Michiel de Boer: University Medical Center Groningen, the Netherlands - m.r.de<http://m.r.de/>.<mailto:m.r.de.boer at umcg.nl>boer at umcg.nl<mailto:boer at umcg.nl>
Silke Kniffert: Berlin Institute of Health (BIH) at Charité, Berlin, Germany - silke.kniffert at bih-charite.de<mailto:silke.kniffert at bih-charite.de>
Ivan Buljan (project lead): University of Split, Croatia - ibuljan at ffst.hr<mailto:ibuljan at ffst.hr>