PHILPHYS-RDG-GRP: next meeting

Erik Curiel erik at strangebeautiful.com
Mon Nov 25 19:54:11 CET 2013

The next meeting of the Munich-area philosophy of physics reading group
will take place Wednesday, Dec. 04, 14:15-15:45, in Ludwigstr. 25, room
D4c.  We will discuss "Acceleration radiation and the generalized second
law of thermodynamics" by Unruh and Wald, available in the dropbox
account for this reading group:
https://www.dropbox.com/home/ReadingGroupBlackHoles/Week3_0412

If there is time and interest, we may also discuss Bekenstein's response
to this paper, "Non-Archimedean character of quantum buoyancy and the
generalized second law of thermodynamics", and even Unruh and Wald's
riposte to Bekenstein, "Entropy bounds, acceleration radiation, and the
generalized second law".  These two papers are also available in the
dropbox account.

Hope to see you there!

--
Erik Curiel

Postdoctoral Fellow
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy
Lehrstuhl für Wissenschaftstheorie
Fakultät für Philosophie, Wissenschaftstheorie und Religionswissenschaft
Ludwigsstrasse 31
80539 München, Deutschland

http://strangebeautiful.com