PHIL PHYS READING GROUP: suggested topics and readings for black hole stuff

Erik Curiel erik at strangebeautiful.com
Tue Oct 22 13:01:27 CEST 2013

I attach a list of suggested readings for the philosophy of physics
reading group this term, collected under 4 topics:

1. Laws of Black Hole Mechanics and Thermodynamics
2. Black Hole Entropy
3. Hawking Radiation, Black-Hole Evaporation and Information
4. Black Holes in Quantum Gravity

At the first meeting, we will decide on the order in which we want to
cover the topics, how much time to spend on each topic, which readings
to cover for each topic, and who will be in charge of leading discussion
for each chosen reading.  Please come prepared to offer your thoughts on
all this.

I hope to see all of you there.

Yours,
Erik

--
Erik Curiel

Postdoctoral Fellow
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy
Lehrstuhl für Wissenschaftstheorie
Fakultät für Philosophie, Wissenschaftstheorie und Religionswissenschaft
Ludwigsstrasse 31
80539 München, Deutschland

http://strangebeautiful.com