Quantum Information Theory Reading Group

Michael Cuffaro mike at michaelcuffaro.com
Thu Apr 17 14:28:57 CEST 2014

Dear all,

the next meeting of the Summer 2014 reading group on Quantum Information
Theory will take place on Monday, April 28 from 18:00 - 20:00 (the time
is "CT", i.e., actually from 18:15 - 19:45). The location of the meeting
will be Ludwigstraße 31, Room 021.

In the meeting I will start by briefly reviewing the basics of linear
algebra and the quantum mechanical formalism, and then move on to
discuss the von Neumann entropy and the basics of quantum information
theory.

The relevant readings are Chapters 2, 11, and 12 of Nielsen & Chuang
(2000). I will not be talking much about the material in chapters 8-10,
but reading these may be helpful when we move on to more advanced topics
later on in the semester.

The dropbox folder for the group is accessible via this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x2rwmqqspfvmpaz/ikeZfpsGIW

I hope to see many of you there.

Best wishes,

Michael Cuffaro
Postdoctoral Fellow
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Fakultät für Philosophie, Wissenschaftstheorie und Religionswissenschaft
Lehrstuhl für Wissenschaftstheorie
Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy
Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1
80539 München, Deutschland
http://www.michaelcuffaro.com