Quantum Information Theory Reading Group

Michael Cuffaro mike at michaelcuffaro.com
Tue Apr 29 17:06:41 CEST 2014

Dear all,

the next meeting of the Summer 2014 reading group on Quantum Information
Theory will take place in approximately two weeks, on Monday, May 12
2014 from 18:00 - 20:00 (note that the time is "CT", i.e., actually from
18:15 - 19:45). The location of the meeting will be Ludwigstraße 31,
Room 021.

Cameron Beebe will be leading discussion on selections of Chris
Timpson's book: "Quantum Information Theory and the Foundations of
Quantum Mechanics." We will be discussing Timpson's philosophical
explications of the concepts of classical and quantum information,
respectively.

The reading is posted online here (in the "Week 3" folder):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x2rwmqqspfvmpaz/ikeZfpsGIW

Note that we will focus specifically on: pp. 10-37, 44-50, 58-73.

I hope to see many of you there.

Best wishes,

Michael Cuffaro
Postdoctoral Fellow
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Fakultät für Philosophie, Wissenschaftstheorie und Religionswissenschaft
Lehrstuhl für Wissenschaftstheorie
Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy
Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1
80539 München, Deutschland
http://www.michaelcuffaro.com