PHILPHYS-RDG-GRP: next meeting

Erik Curiel erik at strangebeautiful.com
Sun Jan 12 22:15:36 CET 2014

The next meeting of the Munich-area philosophy of physics reading group
will take place this Wednesday, Jan. 15, at the usual time (14:15-15:45)
in the usual place (Ludwigstr. 25, room D4c).  We will read "Hawking
Radiation and Black Hole Thermodynamics" by Don Page, a breezy and
pleasant introductory overview of the subject.  (It has equations and
arguments, but no formal proofs, and a lot of fun history.)  There is no
need to read section 5, "Logarithmic corrections to black hole entropy",
as that deals entirely with issues in various quantum gravity programs,
which we are not yet studying.

If you need a copy of the paper, it it uploaded to the dropbox account
for the reading account.  If you can't access that, let me know.

Hope this finds everyone starting a great new year, and I hope to see
you at the reading group.

Yours,

--
Erik Curiel
Postdoctoral Fellow

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy
Lehrstuhl für Wissenschaftstheorie
Fakultät für Philosophie, Wissenschaftstheorie und Religionswissenschaft
Ludwigstrasse 31
80539 München, Deutschland

http://strangebeautiful.com