Reading Group: Inconsistency in Physics

Dardashti, Radin Radin.Dardashti at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Nov 9 08:09:27 CET 2015

Dear all,

our philosophy of physics reading group continues with the topic
"Inconsistency in Physics".
We explore questions like: What role does consistency play in physics?
What is actually meant with consistency in physical theories and are
there different kinds of inconsistencies?
The reading group aims to explore these and other related debates by
discussing the literature on this topic while also having discussion
sessions on some of the specific questions.

The group holds usually bi-weekly meetings throughout the academic term
and is open to all.

Starting date: Tuesday, 10 November, 2015, 11am c.t. (after the first
session 6pm)
Room: Ludwigstr. 31, room 126

The reading for our first session is:
- Mathias Frisch: "Inconsistency, Asymmetry, and Non-Locality: A
Philosophical Investigation of Classical Electrodynamics", chapter 2.
- Peter Vickers:  "Understanding Inconsistent Science", chapter 4.

Mathias Frisch will be attending the first meeting of the group.

Please email me, if you want to participate in the reading group so I
can forward you the reading.

Best wishes,
Radin

--