Rading Group Philosophy of Physics (Tue. Nov 24)

Erik Curiel erik at strangebeautiful.com
Mon Nov 23 16:46:09 CET 2015

If anyone feels like doing some background reading, I'm going to be
following the treatment of the collision equation and the derivation
given by Sommerfeld in his magisterial work *Thermodynamics and
Statistical Mechanics*, chapter V, sections 41-44 (pp. 293-332).

You can find an e-copy (a DJVU document) of Sommerfeld's book on my
website: http://strangebeautiful.com/other-minds.html

You don't need to read it, as I'll be working through the stuff in some
detail, so look at it only if you want a sense or a grip on the finer
details of everything.  Which, of course, is always a good idea.

--
Erik Curiel

Postdoctoral Fellow
Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy
Lehrstuhl für Wissenschaftstheorie
Fakultät für Philosophie, Wissenschaftstheorie und Religionswissenschaft
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität
Ludwigstraße 31
80539 München, Deutschland

http://strangebeautiful.com