Reading group on Haag's Theorem: 18.00 (ST), Tues 26th Jan in R131, Ludwigstr. 31

Adam Caulton Adam.Caulton at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Jan 19 16:14:03 CET 2016

Dear all (with apologies for cross-posting),

We are continuing the philosophy of physics reading group in 2016 with a discussion of Haag’s Theorem in quantum field theory.

In particular, we will be discussing Ed Seidewitz’s recent (and so far unchecked!) paper, in which he claims to have found a natural way to avoid Haag’s Theorem by introducing an external parameter to the quantum field.

The paper is available at: http://arxiv.org/abs/1501.05658

I will briefly introduce the topic and the paper.  We will meet in my office (room R131 in Ludwigstr. 31) at 18.00 ST on Tuesday 26th January.

Very best,
Adam