Fwd: Black Hole and Gravitational Wave Day in Munich, May 12

Erik Curiel erik at strangebeautiful.com
Wed Mar 22 08:24:40 CET 2023

May be of interest to some of y'all...

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: *Torsten Enßlin* <ensslin at mpa-garching.mpg.de
<mailto:ensslin at mpa-garching.mpg.de>>
Date: Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 11:06 AM
Subject: [ift-group] Fwd: Black Hole and Gravitational Wave Day in
Munich, May 12

Dear colleagues,

We are happy to announce the “*Black Hole and Gravitational Wave Day*”
to bring everyone working on topics related to cosmological and
astrophysical gravitational waves and all aspects related to black holes
in the Munich area together. The event will be held in person on Friday
May 12 at the MPA seminar room, and we welcome all interested
participants to join. The aim is to connect the many researchers working
in the Munich area.

Topics will include:
- Primordial Black Holes
- Black Holes (theory + observation)
- Gravitational Waves (stochastic backgrounds, astrophysical sources,
early Universe, B-modes, …)

We aim for a mix of invited talks, lively discussion sessions and many
contributions from locals, so we encourage everyone who is interested to
submit a talk title or an abstract. We especially encourage PhD students
and early career researchers to apply. Confirmed speakers include
Reinhard Genzel (MPE), Selma de Mink (MPA), Gia Dvali (LMU), and Günther
Hasinger (ESA, tbc).

You can find the event page here: https://indico.ph.tum.de/event/7265/
<https://indico.ph.tum.de/event/7265/>

Please, register if you want to attend and note that*the deadline for
the submission of contributions is April 12*. We are looking forward to
meeting all of you!

Feel free to circulate this email within your own research groups to
help reach everyone interested in Munich.

Best regards,
Mathias Garny, Valeriya Korol, Florian Kühnel, Henrique Rubira, Julia
Stadler