PRACE preparatory access projects

LRZ aktuell publish at lrz.de
Mi Jan 19 09:48:45 CET 2011

Dear HLRB-users,

 we would like to bring to your attention the possibility of receiving
 application enabling grants from PRACE, the Partnership for Advanced
 Computing in Europe (www.prace-project.eu). The regular calls for
 computing resources on the two Tier-0 systems in Europe are intended
 for codes that are "petascale" ready. Additionally, there is a
 continuous call for preparatory access allowing researchers to apply
 for code scalability testing, support for code development and
 optimisation. This call aims at researchers that need to optimise their
 codes before responding to project calls and gives them the possibility
 to improve their codes together with PRACE software experts.

 In case you are interested in submitting a proposal, please get in
 contact with LRZ personnel through hlrb-admin_at_lrz-muenchen.de. We
 will assist you in the preparation and submission of the proposal.

 For more information, please see: http://www.prace-project.eu/news/
 prace-research-infrastructure-announces-a-continuous-call-for-preparatory-access.

 This information is also available on our web server
 http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/services/compute/hlrb/aktuell/ali3922/

 Matthias Brehm