HLRB-II mostly unavailable

LRZ aktuell publish at lrz.de
Sa Jun 4 22:10:28 CEST 2011

Dear users of the HLRB-II,

 due to presently unidentified cause, the machine is not accessible from
 the outside world for most user accounts; while login to the
 login2.hlrb2 system is technically possible, job submission from that
 node may still fail. The problem started to appear on Friday evening.

 Unfortunately, investigation of the cause for this failure will
 probably not be possible before Monday morning.

 We apologize for this disruption of your work, and will keep you
 updated about the status of the system via this document.

 This information is also available on our web server
 http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/services/compute/hlrb/aktuell/ali4030/

 Reinhold Bader