Linux Cluster: Delays in bringing Cluster segments to user operation

LRZ aktuell publish at lrz.de
Mi Nov 9 17:58:13 CET 2011

Dear users of the Linux Cluster Systems at LRZ,

 Unfortunately, return of the MPP cluster to user operation (originally
 planned for November 11) as well as the start of operation of the new
 Ultraviolet Cluster segments (originally planned for early November)
 will be delayed.

 For both the MPP cluster and the UltraViolet systems, we are now
 targeting November 23 for return to user operation. This assumes that
 we do not run into further, presently unknown technical issues.

 Apart from the technical problems we have encountered both in moving
 the MPP cluster to its new location and in performing software
 integration of the SLURM queuing system with sgi's system software on
 the Ultraviolet, the presently very constrained LRZ staff resources
 have also contributed to the delays.

 This information is also available on our web server
 http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/services/compute/aktuell/ali4157/

 Reinhold Bader