Upd:TSM usage on SuperMIG: Bug resolved

LRZ aktuell publish at lrz.de
Di Nov 22 17:47:15 CET 2011

 Changes to this message: Bug fix available
Update (Nov. 22, 2011):

 We have installed a pre-release (i.e. Beta) update to the software
 which again allows to recursively perform archivation, solving the
 problem described below. Please report to us if this software release
 does not perform for you as expected. The final release of the TSM
 update will become available end of December.
 Currently on SuperMIG a problem with archiving and backup exists.

 The command for recursively archiving directories (e.i., the -subdir
 option) does not work.

 Instead of using

 dsmc ar -subdir=yes ./mydirectory

 please use the following workaround until the bug is fixed,

 find ./mydirectory > filelist.txt
 dsmc ar  filelist=filelist.txt

 IBM is informed and is working on a solution.

 This information is also available on our web server
 http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/services/compute/supermuc/aktuell/ali4119/

 Matthias Brehm