Upd:Linux-Cluster: Completion of ICE maintenance delayed

LRZ aktuell publish at lrz.de
Mo Sep 12 16:24:21 CEST 2011

 Changes to this message: Update
further update: Unfortunately we're still having problems with
 integrating the SLURM batch system with the ICE; before this is solved
 we cannot start user operation. We'll keep you up-to-date via this
 document when this is the case. Update: Due to the large workload
 involved in integrating the new resources into the Linux cluster, as
 well as the personnel and vacation situation at LRZ, returning the sgi
 ICE system to user operation is delayed. We hope to start production
 again on September 12 (this target date has also been updated below).
 Please note that the new MPP cluster has been opened for general user
 operation, and provides resources on a larger scale than the ICE.
 Submission of batch jobs is documented in http://www.lrz.de/services/
 compute/linux-cluster/batch_parallel/
 The SGI ICE system will be unavailable for regular user operation
 between 22nd August and 11th of September, 2011. This is due to an
 operating system and batch queueing upgrade. After this extended
 maintenance, the system will be run in a SLURM cell of the Linux
 Cluster; please consult the cluster documentation at http://www.lrz.de/
 services/compute/linux-cluster/ for upcoming details on this new batch
 software deployed on the parallel segments of the LRZ cluster.
 Submission of SGE jobs to the ICE will not work anymore after the
 upgrade.

 After the upgrade, it is recommended that you perform the following
 measures:

   * recompile and relink your programs using the new sgi MPT release
   * modify your batch scripts to use SLURM instead of SGE

 This information is also available on our web server
 http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/services/compute/aktuell/ali4083/

 Reinhold Bader