IGE asks for your support

LRZ aktuell publish at lrz.de
Mo Aug 13 11:12:59 CEST 2012

IGE asks for your support

 Dear European Globus User!

 The Initiative for Globus in Europe, IGE (http://www.ige-project.eu) is
 the central European meeting point for all Globus users, developers,
 and administrators in Europe. Over the last 1.5 years we set up many
 Globus-related services, such as bringing Globus closer to you by
 making it a part of the EGI UMD, providing support for Globus,
 developing requested Globus adaptations (batch system adaptors,
 accounting, etc.), organizing Globus training sessions (next one is at
 GridKa) and conferences (next is the GlobusEUROPE in Prague on
 September 17th http://www.globuseurope.org, and the EGCF meetings),
 providing easily installable binary Globus distributions, etc.

 In order to assess how effective our work is, IGE collaborates with
 ERINA+. As part of this assessment, ERINA+ has devised a short
 questionnaire and IGE would like to ask all who work with Globus
 technologies in one way or another to fill in this questionnaire
 (selecting IGE as project) at

                  http://users.erinaplus.eu/welcome.php

 Please also pass on this letter to colleagues and friends who might
 otherwise not receive it. The deadline is by the end of August 2012, so
 prompt responses to the questionnaire are much appreciated.

 And last but not least: please register yourself in EGCF, the European
 Globus Community Forum. EGCF will maintain Globus-related software
 after the end of IGE, enable discussions and meetings, gives you a
 premium account with IGE s bug tracker, etc. Please register through

 http://www.egcf.eu/register

 A registration integrates you into the European Globus community and
 unlocks many advantages for you! It is free of charge and has no
 obligations on your part.

 Thank you very much

 Dr. Helmut Heller
 Project director of IGE

 This information is also available on our web server
 http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/services/compute/aktuell/ali4384/

 Emmanouil Paisios