Compact course: Iterative linear solvers and parallelization

LRZ aktuell publish at lrz.de
Mo Jul 16 16:11:03 CEST 2012

Compact course: Iterative linear solvers and parallelization

 |    Date:    |Monday, September 10 - Friday, September 14, 2012, 8:   |
 |             |30-17:30                                                |
 |-------------+--------------------------------------------------------|
 |  Location:  |LRZ Building, Garching/Munich, Boltzmannstr. 1          |
 |-------------+--------------------------------------------------------|
 |  Contents:  |The focus of this compact course is on iterative and    |
 |             |parallel solvers, the parallel programming models MPI   |
 |             |and OpenMP, and the parallel middleware PETSc.          |
 |             |                                                        |
 |             |Different modern Krylov Subspace Methods (CG, GMRES,    |
 |             |BiCGSTAB ...) as well as highly efficient               |
 |             |preconditioning techniques are presented in the context |
 |             |of real life applications.                              |
 |             |                                                        |
 |             |Hands-on sessions (in C and Fortran) will allow users to|
 |             |immediately test and understand the                     |
 |             |                                                        |
 |             |  * basic constructs of iterative solvers               |
 |             |  * the Message Passing Interface (MPI)                 |
 |             |  * the shared memory directives of OpenMP.             |
 |             |                                                        |
 |             |This course is organized by the University of Kassel,   |
 |             |the high performance computing centre of Stuttgart      |
 |             |(HLRS) and IAG.                                         |
 |-------------+--------------------------------------------------------|
 |  Language:  |German                                                  |
 |-------------+--------------------------------------------------------|
 |  Teachers:  |Prof. Dr. Andreas Meister from Uni. Kassel, Prof. Dr.   |
 |             |Bernd Fischer from Uni. Luebeck, and Dr. Rolf           |
 |             |Rabenseifner from HLRS                                  |
 |-------------+--------------------------------------------------------|
 |Registration:|Please register via the HLRS online form                |
 |-------------+--------------------------------------------------------|
 | Course Fee: |Students without Diploma/Master: 40 EUR                 |
 |             |Students with Diploma/Master (PhD students) at German   |
 |             |universities: 80 EUR                                    |
 |             |Members of German universities and public research      |
 |             |institutes: 80 EUR                                      |
 |             |                                                        |
 |             |Members of universities and public research institutes  |
 |             |outside Germany: 120 EUR                                |
 |             |others: 400 EUR                                         |
 |             |(includes handouts and drinks at coffee breaks, will be |
 |             |collected on the first day of the course, cash only)    |
 |   Further   |available from the HLRS page for the event              |
 |  details:   |                                                        |

 This information is also available on our web server
 http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/services/compute/aktuell/ali4359/

 Ferdinand Jamitzky