Upd:Update: Unscheduled maintenance on SuperMUC

LRZ aktuell publish at lrz.de
Di Okt 2 13:02:31 CEST 2012

 Changes to this message: Update
4th Update (Oct 2, 13:00)

 The cause of the GPFS failure on Saturday, Sep 29 has been identified
 as a software problem triggered by data migration to additionally
 installed disk space.

 We have decided to continue the data migration in offline mode and
 expect the system to become fully available again during the afternoon
 of Wednesday, Oct. 3. Until then, it is possible to log in to the
 system and perform Loadleveler processing if only data in the HOME
 directory are accessed. Please also note that the migration system is
 not affected, and is fully available.

 We will notify you via this URL when the system is fully available
 again.

 This information is also available on our web server
 http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/services/compute/supermuc/aktuell/ali4424/

 Markus Mueller