SuperMUC: Workaround for File Transfers

LRZ aktuell publish at lrz.de
Mo Dez 23 11:49:18 CET 2013

Dear users of SuperMUC,

 some of You reported on very slow network connections when uploading
 files to SuperMUC. Unfortunately, the root cause for this problem could
 not be found up to now.

 However, we are pretty sure, that it will be found somewhere in the
 context of Ethernet-to-Infiniband bridging and as a workaround for the
 problem we equipped the fat login nodes with native 10GE network
 interfaces.

 Thus, please use the fat login nodes supermuc-fat.lrz.de for file
 transfer.

 We apologize for the inconveniences caused by this problem and hope
 this workaround is suitable for You.

 Diese Information finden Sie im WWW unter
 http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/services/compute/supermuc/aktuell/ali4739/

 Markus Mueller