SuperMUC: Activation of $SCRATCH Cleanup Strategy on Friday March 8th at 12:00 CET

LRZ aktuell publish at lrz.de
Fr Mär 1 17:46:39 CET 2013

In order to optimize GPFS I/O performance all data in GPFS need to be
 homogeneously redistributed (restriped) accross all DDN SFA12k storage
 controllers attached to the SuperMUC system.

 To reduce the GPFS data restripe time we will activate the cleanup
 strategy of the $SCRATCH file system on Friday March 8, 2013 at 12:00
 CET. Please note, that all data in /gpfs/scratch with a time stamp
 older than February 22nd, 2013 12:00 CET will be deleted by this
 automatic GPFS $SCRATCH cleanup mechanism.

 Since there is no automatic backup for $SCRATCH we strongly recommed to
 copy, transfer, or archive the files you want to keep as soon as
 possible but not later than Thursday March 7th, 2013.

 The SuperMUC file systems and file transfer policies are described in
 more detail in the following URL:

 http://www.lrz.de/services/compute/supermuc/filesystems/

 This information is also available on our web server
 http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/services/compute/supermuc/aktuell/ali4536/

 Herbert Huber