Job Opening: 3 Months Java Developer Position for Work Student (Urgent)

Bezold-Chatwin, Margret Margret.Bezold-Chatwin at lrz.de
Mo Apr 14 12:18:30 CEST 2014

The Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (Leibniz-Rechenzentrum, LRZ) is part of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities (Bayerische Akademie der Wissenschaften, BAdW). LRZ has been an active player in the area of high performance computing for over 20 years and provides computing power to universities and to publicly funded research institutions across Europe. Currently LRZ operates one of the fastest supercomputers in the world (SuperMUC) and a Virtual Reality and Visualisation Centre (V2C) to enable 3D visualisation. To complete our visualisation services, we also aim to provide simple to use client tools to support remote visualisation so that scientists can visualise their data from the comfort of their offices while taking advantage of LRZ's powerful visualisation servers.

The Leibniz Supercomputing Centre in Garching (Munich) is looking for a

                      *Java Developer (Work Student) for 3 Months*

to update a Java client to support remote visualisation. This position is available immediately. Working hours are flexible. The maximum number of hours allowed is 20 hours per week (or less).

You will be part of a young and motivated team of researchers and will work on the following task:

Integration of an existing opensource TightVNC (http://www.tightvnc.com/) application into our in-house maintained software GSISSH-Term (http://www.lrz.de/services/compute/grid_en/software_en/gsisshterm_en/)

Applicants should have the following qualifications:

   - Fluent in English (mainly spoken in the team)
   - Experience in Java programming
   - Experience in development in Eclipse environment is a plus

If you are interested in working with us, then please submit your application by April 30th, 2014 to:

Leibniz Supercomputing Centre
Mrs. Hannelore Apel
Boltzmannstr. 1
85748 Garching