Stellenangebot: Linux Specialist (Cloud & Big Data)
LRZ-Newsletter at lrz.de
Do Jun 5 14:44:26 CEST 2014
Linux Specialist (Cloud & Big Data)
Leibniz-Rechenzentrum (LRZ) is the data centre for Munich's universities and for the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities. It takes care of the communication network in Munich, connecting more than 200 buildings and campus areas in the Munich region, it offers a variety of data services, and it provides high-end supercomputing facilities for the scientific community in Germany and beyond. LRZ operates one of the most powerful and energy efficient high performance computing systems in Europe. The new high-end system (SuperMUC) has a peak performance of 3 PetaFlop/s and contains more than 155,000 cores. Additional Linux-clusters and visualization systems supplement it. LRZ is also an IT service provider for more than 100.000 users in the area and operates thousands of servers.
LRZ has a vacancy for a full-time Linux Administrator funded for an initial period of 2 years with a possible extension.
Your field of work will include:
• Designing and implementing infrastructures for virtual servers, networking and storage services
• Building a cloud compute and storage infrastructure for scientists in Munich
• Linux system administration and troubleshooting
• Scripting and automating infrastructure
• Improving system security
• Working with vendors to improve hardware and software
• Evaluating new hardware, software and tools
You should have experience in the following areas:
• Very good knowledge of the Linux ecosystem
• Virtualization technologies and cloud computing
• IP networking
• Scripting and programming (e.g., Python or Bash)
• Researching and implementing new technologies (you live the GIYF motto)
• English and basic German are required
LRZ offers a great work environment with smart people, modern offices and literally tons of cutting-edge IT equipment. There is ample room for your own ideas and the Munich Area is also a great place to live.
Please submit your application as a PDF via email to Mrs. Hannelore Apel ( apel at lrz.de).
For further information please contact Dr. Christoph Biardzki ( biardzki at lrz.de, Tel. +49-831-35831-8853).
-------------- nächster Teil --------------
Ein Dateianhang mit HTML-Daten wurde abgetrennt...
Mehr Informationen über die Mailingliste aktuell