Job Opening: EU-Project Manager
Margret.Bezold-Chatwin at lrz.de
Do Mär 27 16:22:42 CET 2014
The Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (Leibniz-Rechenzentrum, LRZ) is part of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities (Bayerische Akademie der Wissenschaften, BAdW). Providing high level IT services to the Bavarian universities and research institutions LRZ has been an active player in the area of high performance computing for over 20 years and operates SuperMUC, one of the fastest supercomputers in the world. This computing power is provided to universities and research institutions all over Europe.
The Leibniz Supercomputing Centre in Garching near Munich is offering a position for a
EU Project Manager
The position is available immediately. Applications will be accepted until April 14th 2014.
LRZ is closely collaborating with European researchers of various scientific areas and other European providers of research IT services on establishing innovative IT services for top-level scientists in Europe. In the future the LRZ wants to focus even more on scientific areas with a high societal impact. Since Horizon2020, the new research framework program of the European Commission, offers many opportunities to participate in projects related topics, LRZ is aiming to participate in respective efforts together with various European scientists and IT service providers.
You will be part of a young and motivated team of researchers and take responsibility for the following tasks:
Project management in the scope of EU funded research projects especially
Coordination of proposal preparation, submission, and negotiation
- Strategic planning and management of the proposal preparation
- Networking with various European scientific groups to establish an efficient consortium
- Supporting management of the contract and negotiation with the European Commission
Administrative and coordinative project management
- Establishing and fostering good relationships between the scientific partners.
- Coaching of partners to ensure the delivery of their results according to time and budget.
- Reporting of project progress to the respective funding agency.
- Managing the communication within the consortium.
- Supporting the international project partners in administrative issues.
- Facilitating the organization of international conferences and internal meetings and events.
We are looking for a science-oriented, motivated, and very reliable person, who handles the administrative project management of European research collaboration projects with organizational talent and commitment. Ideal would be a person who on the one hand has already collected work experience in a scientific environment and on the other hand is motivated to accompany a research project in the context of an EU project from an administrative point of view.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- A post graduate university or polytechnic degree with an above average GPA, ideally in computer or natural sciences.
- Experience with respect to research funding and project management, preferably in a computing and information technology environment.
- Experience in managing a larger project in the EU research framework programs is a plus.
- Fluent speaking and writing skills in English are essential. German language skills are a plus.
- Experience in networking in a scientific domain, excellent communication skills.
- Experience with MS Office tools is required.
- A structured working style and analytical thinking are essential for this position. Therefore we are aiming for a colleague, who likes to organize and manage, work with accounting figures, and appreciates to work in a team.
The job is an interesting and challenging task at the interface of research and science management. You will gain insight into the current ecosystem of EU research funding and will take a position with high responsibility serving an international group of researchers.
We offer you a dynamic, cooperative, and easy-going work environment in an internationally recognized diverse team that you can draw on for support, while also having ample opportunity to work independently and follow your individual preferences.
Due to its state-of-the-art facilities and its proximity to the city of Munich, LRZ offers a very stimulating and innovative environment. Progressive policies such as flexible working hours support the combination of work and family life. The position is suitable for full-time or part-time (min. 50%) employment. This job offer is subject to position funding availability.
Salary is determined by TV-L. The position is time-limited, initially to two years. Following the institute's goal of equal opportunity, qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Severely disabled persons will be hired preferentially over others with equal qualifications.
Interested in working in a top-level science field? Then please submit your application with resume (C.V.), GPA reports, and letters of recommendation by April 14th, 2014, to:
Leibniz Supercomputing Centre
EU-Project Manager (2014/07)
Or via email to:
Mrs. Hannelore Apel apel_AT_lrz.de
Mehr Informationen über die Mailingliste aktuell