Open Position in High Performance Multiscale Computing
Andreas.Weissmann at lrz.de
Di Aug 4 12:31:19 CEST 2015
The Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (Leibniz-Rechenzentrum, LRZ) of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities provides high level IT services to the Bavarian universities and research institutions. For over 20 years LRZ has been a leading player in the area of high performance computing and operates one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe: SuperMUC. Through national and European projects we provide scientists throughout Europe with an up-to-date Grid and Cloud computing infrastructure for data, network, and computing services.
In the area of High Performance Computing (HPC) we are looking for
(university post graduate degree; master's degree or equivalent).
Multiscale modelling (MM) is of major importance in predictive simulation science. You will work in the international European research project ComPat (http://www.compat-project.eu), which generalizes the application of MM to scientific work through the introduction of computing patterns. Your responsibility will be to define and set up the Experiment Execution Environment, to which end you will collaborate with leading high performance computing centers throughout Europe.
You should have the following qualifications:
* Experience with Grid computing, especially Globus, monitoring (Inca, Nagios, or Icinga), and VOMS.
* Experience with UNIX/Linux based systems.
* Programming experience in shell and scripting languages (Perl, Python) and a higher level programming language (C or Java);
* A post graduate university or polytechnic degree with an above average GPA, ideally in computer or natural sciences.
* Willingness to participate in meetings, conferences, and symposia, also in foreign countries.
* Motivation and interest to work in a project-based research environment with various multi-national teams.
* Fluent speaking and writing skills in English and German are essential.
* Initiative, capacity for teamwork, and creativity.
For more detailed information, please see http://www.lrz.de/wir/stellen/2015-08_scientist-hpmc/
-------------- nächster Teil --------------
Ein Dateianhang mit HTML-Daten wurde abgetrennt...
Mehr Informationen über die Mailingliste aktuell