Basic and advanced Parallel Programming HPC courses

Weinberg, Volker Volker.Weinberg at lrz.de
So Feb 14 22:40:54 CET 2016

Dear users of LRZ,

Also this year LRZ will offer a basic and an advanced Parallel Programming HPC course, organised in collaboration with the Erlangen Regional Computing Centre (RRZE).

The basic course "Parallel Programming of High Performance Systems" will take place at RRZE in Erlangen, Monday, March 07 - Friday, March 11, 2016, 9:00-16:00

Topics: HPC, parallel programming models (MPI, OpenMP), software engineering, processor architectures, principles of code optimisation, parallel architectures and algorithms, HPC tools, ...

See https://www.lrz.de/services/compute/courses/2016-03-07_hppb1w15/  for details. Registration deadline: 22.2.2016 !

The advanced course "PRACE PATC Course: Advanced Topics in High Performance Computing" will take place at LRZ, Monday, April 4 - Thursday, April 7, 2016, 9:00-18:00

Topics: Processor-specific optimisation, parallel I/O with MPI I/O, tuning of I/O on LRZ's HPC systems, Intel Xeon Phi programming, PGAS programming, ...

See https://www.lrz.de/services/compute/courses/2016-04-04_hppa1s16/  for details. Registration deadline: 21.3.2016

We would like to invite you to participate in this series of parallel programming courses. Please also pass this course announcement to other interested colleagues. Especially new users are highly encouraged to participate in our parallel programming courses.

LRZ is part of the Gauss Centre for Supercomputing (GCS), which is one of the six PRACE Advanced Training Centres (PATCs) that started in 2012.

Information on further HPC courses:

  - by LRZ:  http://www.lrz.de/services/compute/courses/

  - by the Gauss Centre of Supercomputing (GCS):   http://www.gauss-centre.eu/training

  - by the PRACE Advanced Training Centres (PATCs): http://www.training.prace-ri.eu/

Kind regards,

Volker Weinberg

--

Dr. Volker Weinberg

Leibniz-Rechenzentrum der Bayerischen Akademie der Wissenschaften

- High Performance Computing Group -

email:   weinberg at lrz.de<mailto:weinberg at lrz.de>

address: Boltzmannstr. 1 - D-85748 Garching bei Muenchen

room:    E.1.016

phone:   +49 (89) 35831-8863