Open Position in Distributed High Performance Computing
Margret.Bezold-Chatwin at lrz.de
Do Jan 14 19:27:11 CET 2016
In the area of High Performance Computing (HPC) the Leibniz Supercomputing Centre is looking for
*a scientist* (university post graduate degree: master, PhD, or equivalent).
You will lead the work package WP6 in the international European research project ComPat (http://www.compat-project.eu), which generalizes the application of multi-scale modelling to scientific work through the introduction of computing patterns. Your responsibility will be to define and set up the experiment execution environment, to which end you will collaborate with leading European high performance computing centers.
You should have the following qualifications:
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: Grid computing, especially Globus, monitoring (Inca, Nagios, or Icinga), or VOMS.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux based systems.
- Programming experience in shell or scripting languages (Perl, Python) and a higher level programming language (C or Java);
- A post-graduate or PhD university or polytechnic degree with an above average GPA, ideally in mathematics, computer or natural sciences.
- Willingness to participate in meetings, conferences, and symposia, also in foreign countries.
- Motivation and interest to work in a project-based research environment with various multi-national teams.
- Fluent speaking and writing skills in English are essential.
Some experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
- High performance computing.
- HPC queuing systems like SLURM, LoadLeveler, PBS, etc.
- Energy efficient computing (http://www.deep-project.eu/deep-project/EN/Hardware/Energy-Efficiency/_node.html, http://www.lrz.de/wir/green-it_en) and power monitoring.
- Grid infrastructures like EGI, PRACE, OSG, XSEDE, etc.
- Working in a project-based setting, leading a small project team.
The full text of this job offer you will find at
Mehr Informationen über die Mailingliste aktuell