Introduction to GASPI - Scalability in HPC
Volker.Weinberg at lrz.de
Do Apr 26 17:54:39 CEST 2018
Dear HPC users,
There are still free places available for the upcoming GASPI Workshop @ LRZ. The registration deadline has been extended until Friday, 4 May 2018. Don't miss this chance!
* The GASPI programming model represents a powerful and highly scalable alternative to the one-sided communication of MPI in accessing the global memory address space (across many compute nodes).
* LRZ invited two experts from Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Mathematics ITWM as teachers.
* The workshop will cover both lectures and hands-on sessions.
As scalable and flexible computing on massively parallel HPC systems based on distributed memory architectures becomes more important, we are happy to host the course on
"Introduction to GASPI - Scalability in HPC"
in cooperation with the Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Mathematics (ITWM).
The course will take place on
Tuesday, May 8 and Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 9:00 - 16:30
at the Leibniz Supercomputing Centre of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities at Garching b. München, Germany.
GASPI (Global Address Space Programming Interface) offers a small, yet powerful API for scalable HPC applications following a single program multiple data (SPMD) approach. Single-sided communication primitives are supplemented by a light weight synchronization mechanism (notifications).
The course aims to provide an introduction to the GASPI API as well as to discuss typical use cases.
On the Linux cluster CoolMUC-2 the attendees will have the chance to apply the acquired skills.
Daniel Grünewald, Martin Kühn (Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Mathematics ITWM, Kaiserslautern)
Details about the course can be found at https://www.lrz.de/services/compute/courses/2018-05-08_hpcg1s18/.
Information on further HPC courses:
* by LRZ: http://www.lrz.de/services/compute/courses/
* by the Gauss Centre of Supercomputing (GCS): http://www.gauss-centre.eu/training
* by German Centres (collected by the Gauß-Allianz): https://hpc-calendar.gauss-allianz.de/ NEW!
* by the Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe (PRACE): http://www.training.prace-ri.eu/
Dr. Volker Weinberg
Leibniz Supercomputing Centre of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities
- HPC Systems and Services -
email: weinberg at lrz.de<mailto:weinberg at lrz.de>
address: Boltzmannstr. 1 - D-85748 Garching bei Muenchen
phone: +49 (89) 35831-8863
-------------- nächster Teil --------------
Ein Dateianhang mit HTML-Daten wurde abgetrennt...
Mehr Informationen über die Mailingliste aktuell