Job Opening: Junior/Senior Scientist (m/f) Research Data Management

Major, Martin Martin.Major at lrz.de
Mi Aug 1 17:22:01 CEST 2018

We are building research data infrastructures as a collaboration platform
for scientists, stimulating multi-disciplinary research and support
scientific institutions with interoperable workflows and repositories for
managing their data. In this respect, we are currently focussing on the
environmental sciences, in which we maintain various close collaborations.
We support high-altitude research stations within the "AlpEnDAC" (Alpine
Environmental Data Analysis Centre) project, and we work with public
authorities as the Bavarian Environmental Agency. With the aim of fostering
inter-institutional data exchange, we aim at connecting individual data
repositories to the national research data infrastructure "GeRDI" (Generic
Research Data Infrastructure), making data FAIR (findable, accessible,
interoperable, reusable). With our high performance computing facilities,
and newest satellite and in-situ data, we offer our customers a unique basis
for their research.

In this versatile and challenging context, we are looking for a

Junior/Senior Scientist (m/f) for Research Data Management
in the Environmental Sciences

to participate in the following tasks:

*	Development and implementation of research data management systems
(servers, software),
*	Life cycle management of research data (automatizing harmonisation,
archival and curation),
*	Implementation of on-demand computing services on modern Cloud and
HPC systems,
*	Big data analysis and data preparation for scientific
visualisations, and
*	Supervision of students (thesis or assistant jobs).

Please read our Job Opening
<https://www.lrz.de/wir/stellen/2018-08_research-data/>