International Summer School on HPC Challenges in Computational Sciences 2018
Volker.Weinberg at lrz.de
Di Jan 9 11:28:18 CET 2018
Dear HPC users,
Graduate students and postdoctoral scholars from institutions in Canada, Europe, Japan and the USA are invited to apply for the ninth International Summer School on HPC Challenges in Computational Sciences.
The school will be held between Sunday 8th to Friday 13th July 2018, in Prague (tbc), Czech Republic and hosted by the IT4Innovations National Supercomputing Centre.
Applications are due by Tuesday 13th February 2018, and the application form can be found in the following link:
The summer school is organized by the Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe (PRACE), the Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment (XSEDE), the RIKEN Advanced Institute for Computational Science (RIKEN AICS), and the SciNet HPC Consortium.
Leading computational scientists and HPC technologists from Canada, Europe, Japan and the USA will offer instructions on a variety of topics and also provide advanced mentoring. Topics include:
* HPC challenges by discipline
* HPC programming proficiencies
* Performance analysis and profiling
* Algorithmic approaches and numerical libraries
* Data-intensive computing
* Scientific visualisation
* Canadian, European, Japanese and USA HPC-infrastructures
The expense-paid program will benefit scholars from Canadian, European, Japanese and USA institutions who use advanced computing in their research. The ideal candidate will have many of the following qualities, however this list is not meant to be a "checklist" for applicants to meet all criteria:
* Familiar with HPC, not necessarily an HPC expert, but rather a scholar who could benefit from including advanced computing tools and methods into their existing computational work
* A graduate student with a strong research plan or a postdoctoral fellow in the early stages of their research efforts
* Regular practice with parallel programming (i.e., student utilises parallel programming generally on a monthly basis or more)
* May have a science or engineering background, however, applicants from other disciplines are welcome provided their research activities include computational work
Students from under-represented groups in computing are highly encouraged to apply. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility or how this program may benefit you or your research group, please do not hesitate to contact the individual associated with your region below.
Interested students should apply by Tuesday 13th February 2018. Participation, meals and housing will be covered for the selected participants. Support for intercontinental travel will also be given (contingent on funding).
Further information and application details can be found in the links below:
Dr. Volker Weinberg
Leibniz Supercomputing Centre of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities
- HPC Systems and Services -
email: weinberg at lrz.de<mailto:weinberg at lrz.de>
address: Boltzmannstr. 1 - D-85748 Garching bei Muenchen
phone: +49 (89) 35831-8863
-------------- nächster Teil --------------
Ein Dateianhang mit HTML-Daten wurde abgetrennt...
Mehr Informationen über die Mailingliste aktuell