PRACE Course: Advanced Fortran Topics @ LRZ
Volker.Weinberg at lrz.de
Mo Jul 30 10:12:38 CEST 2018
Dear HPC users,
we are pleased to announce that the Leibniz Supercomputing Centre will offer a 5-day course on "Advanced Fortran Topics" on Monday, September 17 - Friday, September 21, 2018, 9:00-18:00 at LRZ in Garching b. München, Germany.
This course, partly a PRACE Training event, is targeted at scientists who wish to extend their knowledge of Fortran to cover advanced features of the language.
Topics covered include:
- Best Practices
- Object-oriented programming
- IEEE features and floating point exceptions
- Interoperability with C
- Fortran 2003 I/O extensions
- OO Design Patterns: application of object-oriented programming
The lectures are given by Dr. Reinhold Bader, who participates in the standardisation activities of the Fortran programming language in the international workgroup WG5, and Dr. Gilbert Brietzke.
To consolidate the lecture material, each day's approximately 4 hours of lecture are complemented by 3 hours of hands-on sessions. The last 2 days of the course are a PRACE training event.
For details and registration see:
Please also pass this course announcement to other interested colleagues.
Information on further HPC courses:
- by LRZ: http://www.lrz.de/services/compute/courses/
- by the Gauss Centre of Supercomputing (GCS): http://www.gauss-centre.eu/training
- by German Centres (collected by the Gauß-Allianz): https://hpc-calendar.gauss-allianz.de/ NEW!
- by the Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe (PRACE): http://www.training.prace-ri.eu/
Dr. Volker Weinberg
Leibniz Supercomputing Centre of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities
- HPC Systems and Services -
email: weinberg at lrz.de
address: Boltzmannstr. 1 - D-85748 Garching bei Muenchen
phone: +49 (89) 35831-8863
Mehr Informationen über die Mailingliste aktuell