NAG Fortran Modernization Workshop: registration deadline extended!
Volker.Weinberg at lrz.de
Fr Mai 25 15:36:05 CEST 2018
Dear users of LRZ,
There are still some places available for the Fortran Modernization Workshop offered by the Numerical Algorithms Group (NAG) at LRZ in June 2018.
The registration deadline has been extended until May 30, 2018!
This two-day practical hands-on workshop - open and free of charge for all - is aimed at Fortran programmers who want to write modern code, or to modernise existing code, to make it more readable and maintainable by encouraging good engineering practices. The workshop will also present how to integrate tools and techniques for Fortran codes to help you develop sustainable software for your scientific and academic research particularly in a collaborative environment.
Date: Monday, June 4 - Tuesday, June 5 2018, 9:00-17:00
Location: Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ), Boltzmannstr. 1, D-85748 Garching bei Muenchen, Germany
Lecturer: Dr. Wadud Miah, Numerical Algorithms Group (NAG)
· Modern Fortran standards and how to write optimised and efficient Fortran;
· NetCDF and HDF5 scientific file formats for data sharing in Fortran;
· GNU Automake to automate the build process;
· pFUnit unit testing framework for testing Fortran codes;
· Fortran Documenter tool for Fortran code documentation;
· Git version control for collaborative code development;
· In-situ visualisation using PLplot in Fortran;
· IEEE Floating Point Exception Handling;
· Software verification and portability using the NAG Fortran Compiler;
· Fortran interoperability with C, Python and R;
· Introduction to parallelism for Fortran;
· Fortran code verification using the CamFort tool;
· Introduction to the NAG Fortran library.
Further details and a link to the registration form can be found under https://www.lrz.de/services/compute/courses/2018-06-04_hnag1s18/ .
For more information on the successful series of Fortran Modernization Workshops offered by the Numerical Algorithms Group (NAG), see
Please also pass this workshop announcement to other interested colleagues.
Information on further HPC courses:
· by LRZ: http://www.lrz.de/services/compute/courses/
· by the Gauss Centre of Supercomputing (GCS): http://www.gauss-centre.eu/training
· by German Centres (collected by the Gauß-Allianz): https://hpc-calendar.gauss-allianz.de/ NEW!
· by the Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe (PRACE): http://www.training.prace-ri.eu/
Volker Weinberg (LRZ)
François Cassier (NAG)
Wadud Miah (NAG)
Dr. Volker Weinberg
Leibniz Supercomputing Centre of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities
- HPC Systems and Services -
email: weinberg at lrz.de<mailto:weinberg at lrz.de>
address: Boltzmannstr. 1 - D-85748 Garching bei Muenchen
phone: +49 (89) 35831-8863
-------------- nächster Teil --------------
Ein Dateianhang mit HTML-Daten wurde abgetrennt...
Mehr Informationen über die Mailingliste aktuell