Upcoming PRACE Courses at LRZ and new PRACE Best Practice Guides

Weinberg, Volker Volker.Weinberg at lrz.de
Di Mär 5 14:06:09 CET 2019

Dear HPC users of LRZ,

There are still free places for the following upcoming PRACE courses at LRZ:

PRACE Course: Advanced Topics in High Performance Computing

Date: Monday, March 18 - Thursday, March 21, 2019, 9:00-17:00
Location: LRZ
Registration deadline extended until 10 Mar 2019!

Lecturers: R. Bader, S. Mendez, V. Weinberg (LRZ), J. Eitzinger (RRZE), Andrey Semin (Intel)

Topics: Processor-specific optimization, parallel I/O with MPI IO, Tuning I/O on LRZ's HPC systems, I/O profiling: Darshan tool, scientific data libraries: HDF5, scalable I/O library: SIONlib, PGAS programming with coarray Fortran and Unified Parallel C.

We are happy to announce that during the course Andrey Semin (Intel) will give a special lecture about the Intel Xeon Scalable (Skylake) processor architecture. This lecture will be devoted to the Intel Xeon Scalable (codenamed Skylake) processor that powers the brand new LRZ supercomputer: SuperMUC-NG. The lecture will cover details about Skylake core microarchitecture and Xeon uncore design. Additionally, the lecture will provide details about SuperMUC-NG compute node design and the fabric system architecture.

Further information  and registration: https://events.prace-ri.eu/event/822/
<https://events.prace-ri.eu/event/822/>
<https://events.prace-ri.eu/event/822/>

PRACE Workshop: HPC code optimisation workshop