[LMU-OSC News] New coordinator at the Open Science Center

LMU Open Science Center News lmu-osc at lists.lrz.de
Thu May 5 11:44:25 CEST 2022

Dear LMU OSC community members,

My name is Malika and I am the new coordinator of the LMU Open Science Center (LMU OSC<https://www.osc.uni-muenchen.de/index.html>). My role will be, for at least the next three years, to

  *   provide peer-to-peer training and develop an open research curriculum,
  *   coordinate grassroots initiatives and organise various events such as seminars and conferences,
  *   support meta-research collaborations,
  *   liaise with local, national (e.g. the German Reproducibility Network (GRN<https://reproducibilitynetwork.de/>)), and international stakeholders to inform the design of incentives and policies,
  *   and co-develop a strategic plan to make the LMU Open Science Center a sustainable entity.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at malika.ihle at lmu.de<mailto:malika.ihle at lmu.de> with any suggestions, requests, or opportunities pertaining to these activities!

Prior to this, I have been in a similar role for 2.5 years at the University of Oxford, supporting  Reproducible Research Oxford (RROx<https://ox.ukrn.org/>) in developing a comprehensive approach to open scholarship and reproducible research that extends across all disciplines, using both bottom-up and top-down strategies. I also acted as the UK Reproducibility Network (UKRN<https://www.ukrn.org/>) local network lead.

I hold a PhD in Biology, and I am a founding member of the Society for Open, Reliable, and Transparent Ecology and Evolutionary biology (SORTEE<https://www.sortee.org/>).

I am very excited to start supporting this community!
Best wishes
Malika

--
Malika Ihle, PhD (she/her) (pronounciation<https://namedrop.io/malikaihle>)