[LMU-OSC News] online workshops on open methods 29.01.-02.02.

LMU Open Science Center News lmu-osc at lists.lrz.de
Wed Jan 10 08:40:07 CET 2024

Dear open methods enthusiasts,

Our colleagues from the QUEST Center for Responsible Research in Berlin are organizing a 'Love Methods Week' between 29.01. and 02.02 on the theme 'Love your methods before you love your data', a few weeks prior to the global 'Love Data Week'.

On the menu, several online workshops to learn how to:

  *   Write a reusable, step-by-step protocol
  *   Deposit a reusable step-by-step protocol in a public repository, or publish a method or protocol in a peer-reviewed journal
  *   Version or fork a reusable step-by-step protocol
  *   Write a study design protocol
  *   Pre-register a study
  *   Cite your reusable step-by-step protocol, study design protocol, or pre-registration in your research paper
  *   Use reporting guidelines to improve your methods reporting
  *   Use research resource identifiers (RRIDs) to tell others exactly what materials you used
  *   Use methodological shortcut citations responsibly
  *   Cite your protocols and describe your methods when sharing your data

More information and registration:
https://www.bihealth.org/en/notices/love-methods-week

Best wishes
Malika

--
Dr. Malika Ihle (she/her) (pronounciation<https://namedrop.io/malikaihle>)
LMU Open Science Center Coordinator

Website: https://www.osc.lmu.de<https://www.osc.lmu.de/>

Bluesky: https://bsky.app/profile/lmu-osc.bsky.social
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/lmu-open-science-center
Mastodon: https://scicomm.xyz/@lmu_osc
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lmu_osc

Please note that I will only work in the afternoons from 08.01. to 28.02.2024.