PHIL-PHYS-RDG-GRP: next meeting

Erik Curiel erik at strangebeautiful.com
Thu Dec 12 00:23:22 CET 2013

The next meeting of the München-area philosophy of physics reading group
will take place next Wednesday, Dec. 19, 14:15-15:45, in Ludwigstr. 25,
room D4c.  We will read "Hawking radiation and black hole
thermodynamics" by Don Page, a breezy and pleasant introductory overview
of the subject.  (It has equations and arguments, but no formal proofs,
and a lot of fun history.)  There is no need to read section 5,
"Logarithmic corrections to black hole entropy", as that deals entirely
with issues in various quantum gravity programs, which we are not yet
studying.  I attach a copy to this email (and also I have uploaded it to
the dropbox account for the reading group).

Hope to see you there!

Yours,

--
Erik Curiel
Postdoctoral Fellow

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy
Lehrstuhl für Wissenschaftstheorie
Fakultät für Philosophie, Wissenschaftstheorie und Religionswissenschaft
Ludwigstrasse 31
80539 München, Deutschland

http://strangebeautiful.com