Talks by Renato Renner (Nov. 17), Michael Stoeltzner (Nov. 19), and Chris Fuchs (Nov. 20) at LMU next week

Michael Cuffaro mike at michaelcuffaro.com
Tue Nov 11 09:41:15 CET 2014

Speaker: Renato Renner (ETH Zürich)
Date: Monday, 17 November 2014
Location: H030, Fakultät für Physik der LMU, Schellingstr. 4
Time: 17:15 - 19:00

Title: Is the wave function in one-to-one correspondence with reality?

Abstract:
The old question (considered already by Einstein) whether the
quantum-mechanical wave function represents "reality" has recently
attracted renewed interest. Amazingly, modern approaches inspired by
Quantum Information Theory can provide answers. In my talk, I will
provide an overview on them, focusing on a recent result that
establishes a one-to-one correspondence between the wave function and
the “elements of reality”.

Speaker: Michael Stoeltzner (University of South Carolina/CAS/MCMP)