Next Philosophy of Physics Reading Group Meeting: 25 Nov.

Fletcher, Samuel Samuel.Fletcher at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Nov 12 15:26:11 CET 2014

Dear Colleagues,

Our next meeting will run from 14:15-15:45 on the date indicated in E341
of the main university building.  Mario Hubert will lead discussion on
the topic of "Newtonian Forces," the reading for which will be the
following:

1. John Bigelow, Brian Ellis and Robert Pargetter. "Forces," Philosophy
of Science, Vol. 55, No. 4 (Dec., 1988), pp. 614-630.
2. Jessica Wilson. "Newtonian Forces," British Journal for the
Philosophy of Science, Vol. 58, No. 2 (Jun., 2007), pp. 173-205.

These correspond to papers 3.1 and 3.3 on the "Possible Topics" handout,
attached again to this email.  Please contact me if you have trouble
downloading copies of these articles.  Also, be prepared again to vote
on the topic for our following meeting (16 Dec.), keeping in mind that
in January we will be discussing topic 7: "The Principle of Least Action
and Dispositions".

Best wishes,
~Sam