Upd:HLRB-II downtime extended until Mar. 4

LRZ aktuell publish at lrz.de
Do Mär 3 18:31:28 CET 2011

 Changes to this message: Update
Dear users of HLRB-II,

 since the LRZ power maintenance last weekend we experience severe
 instability of HLRB-II. The system is currently down to enable SGI to
 perform extensive hardware tests and to replace all failing parts. We
 currently cannot yet estimate the duration of the downtime, but hope to
 restart production tomorrow, Mar. 3rd.

 Please use the alternate login node login2.hlrb2.lrz-muenchen.de to
 access your data and to submit jobs.

 We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this downtime.

 Update:
 The known problems have been fixed by SGI. To test the stability of the
 system, the resumption of production has been delayed until Fri, Mar.
 4th.

 This information is also available on our web server
 http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/services/compute/hlrb/aktuell/ali3962/

 Hans-Georg Kleinhenz