Linux-Cluster: Interruption of operation (reminder)

LRZ aktuell publish at lrz.de
Mi Apr 25 10:28:11 CEST 2012

Dear users of the Cluster systems at LRZ,

 as announced in http://www.lrz.de/aktuell/ali4261/ user operation on
 the cluster will be interrupted due to an electrical power shutdown
 test which affects all storage systems.

 In order to cleanly shut down all accesses to the storage systems, we
 have already started to drain the SLURM queues and all running jobs
 will be removed from 4:30 pm onwards.

 Please also note that after this interruption, the SGE queues mpi_8,
 shm_8, mpi_32 and shm_32 will become permanently unavailable because
 the systems will be upgraded and moved to SLURM. The SLURM
 documentation will be appropriately updated as soon as this upgrade is
 completed.

 We will keep you up-to-date about the status of the cluster via this
 document.

 This information is also available on our web server
 http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/services/compute/aktuell/ali4295/

 Reinhold Bader