Upd:SuperMUC: GPFS Problems (Addendum)

LRZ aktuell publish at lrz.de
Do Okt 24 16:57:19 CEST 2013

 Changes to this message: Update
Dear users of SuperMUC,

 examinations of DDN and IBM lead to the conclusion that central parts
 of the hardware serving the GPFS parallel filesystem have to be
 rebooted. This reboot requires a shutdown of GPFS on the complete
 machine. Accordingly, even the jobs that were still running have to be
 removed from the machine and batch processing has to be stopped.

 Before returning to normal user operation certain test procedures will
 have to be performed. Presumably, SuperMUC will return to normal
 operation tomorrow.

 We will keep You updated through this announcement as soon as the
 problems are solved.

 We apologize for any inconveniences on Your side.

 This information is also available on our web server
 http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/services/compute/supermuc/aktuell/ali4689/

 Markus Mueller