NEW PRACE Workshop: HPC code optimization workshop

Weinberg, Volker Volker.Weinberg at lrz.de
Mi Apr 25 12:42:11 CEST 2018

Dear HPC users of LRZ,

In the ever-growing complexity of computer architectures, code optimization has become the main route to keep pace with hardware advancements and effectively make use of current and upcoming High Performance Computing systems.

Have you ever asked yourself:

  *   Where does the performance of my application lay?
  *   What is the maximum speed-up achievable on the architecture I am using?
  *   Is my implementation matching the HPC objectives?

In this PRACE workshop, two leading experts, from Intel and our Intel Parallel Computing Center team at LRZ, will answer these questions and provide a unique opportunity to learn techniques, methods and solutions on how to improve code, how to enable new hardware features and how to use the roofline model to visualize the potential benefits of an optimization process.