New Course: CFD with OpenFOAM, 14-18 Jan 2019 @ LRZ
Volker.Weinberg at lrz.de
Do Dez 13 17:04:01 CET 2018
Dear users of LRZ,
There are still some places free for our new course about "CFD with OpenFOAM".
Date & Location:
Monday, January, 14 - Friday, January 18 2019, 9:00 - 18:00
Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ) of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities, university campus Garching near Munich, Boltzmannstr. 1, course room 2 (H.U.010)
OpenFOAM® is a widely-used open-source code and a powerful framework for solving a variety of problems mainly in the field of CFD. The five-day workshop gives an introduction to OpenFOAM® applied on CFD phenomena and is intended for beginners as well as for people with CFD background knowledge. The user will learn about case setup, meshing tools like snappyHexMesh and cfMesh. Available OpenFOAM® utilities and additional libraries like swak4Foam, that can be used for pre- and postprocessing tasks, are further aspects of this course. Additionally, basic solvers and major aspects of code structure are highlighted.
Lectures and hands-on session with typical CFD examples will guide through this course including first steps in own coding.
To take full advantage of the course offering it would be advisable to have a standing knowledge of using Linux, as it is used for all exercises. Basics in programming will be required for some of the exercises as well as some insights into CFD theory.
Andreas Ruopp (HLRS), Daniel Harlacher (ZIMT, Uni. Siegen), Thorsten Zirwes (SCC, Karlsruher Institut für Technologie)
The course language is English. We will provide local systems with test accounts for the participants.
Registration and further information:
Registration Deadline: 7 January 2019
If you have any questions regarding this course prior to registration, feel free to contact Dr. Martin Ohlerich (Martin.Ohlerich at lrz.de<mailto:Martin.Ohlerich at lrz.de>).
Further upcoming courses at LRZ:
* PRACE Course: Introduction to hybrid programming in HPC<https://www.lrz.de/services/compute/courses/2019-01-28_hhyp1w18/>
Monday, January 28 09:30 - Tuesday, January 29, 2019 16:30
* PRACE Course: Node-Level Performance Engineering<https://www.lrz.de/services/compute/courses/2019-02-20_hnpf1w18/>
Wednesday, February 20 - Thursday, February 21, 2019 9:00 - 17:00
* Parallel Programming of High Performance Systems<https://www.lrz.de/services/compute/courses/2019-02-25_hppb1w18/>
Monday, February 25 - Friday, March 1, 2019, 9:00-18:00
* Programming with Fortran<https://www.lrz.de/services/compute/courses/2019-03-06_hfor1w18/>
Wednesday, March 06 - Friday, March 08, 2019, 9:00-18:00
* PRACE Course: Advanced Topics in High Performance Computing<https://www.lrz.de/services/compute/courses/2019-03-18_hppa1w18/>
Monday, March 18, 2019 - Thursday, March 21, 2019, 9:00-17:30
* Introduction to ANSYS Fluid Dynamics (CFX, Fluent) on LRZ HPC Systems<https://www.lrz.de/services/compute/courses/2019-04-08_hcfd1s19/>
Monday, April 8 - Friday, April 12, 2019, 09:00-17:00
Information on further HPC courses:
* by LRZ: http://www.lrz.de/services/compute/courses/
* by the Gauss Centre of Supercomputing (GCS): http://www.gauss-centre.eu/training
* by German Centres (collected by the Gauß-Allianz): https://hpc-calendar.gauss-allianz.de/
* by the Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe (PRACE): http://www.training.prace-ri.eu/
Please also pass this course announcement to other interested colleagues.
Dr. Volker Weinberg
Leibniz Supercomputing Centre of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities
- HPC Systems and Services -
email: weinberg at lrz.de<mailto:weinberg at lrz.de>
address: Boltzmannstr. 1 - D-85748 Garching bei Muenchen
phone: +49 (89) 35831-8863
-------------- nächster Teil --------------
Ein Dateianhang mit HTML-Daten wurde abgetrennt...
Mehr Informationen über die Mailingliste aktuell