PRACE Preparatory Access Call

Weinberg, Volker Volker.Weinberg at lrz.de
Mo Feb 12 11:09:13 CET 2018

Dear HPC users of LRZ,

Preparatory access is intended for testing and developing codes in order to prepare applications for PRACE Tier-0 project access.
In particular, we would like to draw your attention to the Preparatory Access Type C and Type D which includes code development with support from PRACE experts. Type C provides direct access to a Tier-0 system. Type D offers users to start the optimisation work on a PRACE Tier-1 national system to finally reach PRACE Tier-0 system scalability.

Further information are given on the PRACE web page

http://www.prace-ri.eu/PRACE-Preparatory-Access

The Preparatory Access Call is a rolling call, researchers can apply for access all year. There are no closing dates, proposals for Type C and Type D will be reviewed every third month.

The next cut-off date is March 1st, 2018.

We invite all interested scientists, whose projects fit the criteria of the PRACE call to submit their projects. The criteria for the PRACE Calls as well as complete information on the PRACE machines, how to apply and on the PRACE peer review process can be found on the website mentioned above.

Kind regards,
Volker Weinberg

--
Dr. Volker Weinberg
Leibniz Supercomputing Centre of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities

email:   weinberg at lrz.de
address: Boltzmannstr. 1 - D-85748 Garching bei Muenchen
room:    E.1.016
phone:   +49 (89) 35831-8863